Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Summertime is Here!!!

  Hello my fellow fans and users of the internet! I hope your summer is going great! So far, mine couldn't get any better! We went camping at Lathrop State Park this last week with the new camper we got... and it was definitely a trip to remember.
    
We went on hikes, bike rides, fishing, swimming( the water was a wee bit too cold.... shouldn't have done that....) and we went shopping around in Walsenburg. I bought a pair of knitting needles and some yarn so that is my new journey. Learning to knit. Not as easy as it looks.
    
 When we were camping, the skies turned a dark shade of grey, and the radio was going crazy saying " TORNADO WARNING FOR ALL SURROUNDING AREAS OF WALSENBURG"  ect.... so that was pretty spooky, and on the way back from eating lunch at the golf corse resturaunt, my mom was sitting in the back of the pickup truck, and she started yelling, " TORNADO!!!!!! TORNADO!!!!" and pionting to a little hill just to the right of us. My dad,driving the car, hit the brakes and jumped out of the car... then he started laughing. I was having a heart attack and mental pictures of our truck flying around in circles, sucked up by the tronado, with me in it going through my head and he was laughing. I thought he was crazy... then he started to say," Pole! It's a POLE!!!!!"We all laughed. That is definately a moment i will never forget.
     But enough about me, Lets talk about CROCHET! Here is my latest project, I have been working on this for a while, what do you think?

       Since I cut off the bottom in this picture...here is another pic....             
                                                                      
 
Do you like it? I was feeling kinda patriotic this week so this is what i whipped up.



 Well I hope you like what I have made and I am sorry to say that it is not currently for sale. I love it too much! Feel free to leave a comment and thanks for stopping by!
Happy Labor Day!!!






1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having a great summer! Your Mom must have inherited your Great Grandma Ioerger's eyes. The funny story on her happened when I was about your age. We were coming home from Deep Lake where my Dad had a lumber mill. We stayed there through the week and went hiome on week ends. Anyway, along the way Mom,(your Great Grandma), hollered "Stop"! Which my Dad did. She said "Look at all those bears over there in the meadow!!" Dad said, "What bears??" "Those, right over there", was her reply. "Betty.....those aren't bears!" came from my Dad. She looked really hard and said, "Why, you're right, they're pigs!" "Look harder and try again.", said my Dad. Mom squinted up her eyes and said, "Oh, they're rocks." Dad just sort of shook his head and said he'd drive closer so she could see a field full of stumps! Mom went down and got glasses the next week! Ha! Ha!
    Love your mobile. It looks so patriotic! Oh yes, one more thing (now I'm really laughing), Labor Day happens in September, Honey. Memorial Day is in May! Haaaaaaaaaaaaa! Haaaaaa! I'll try to have a nice Labor Day when it comes around anyway. ;-)
    Lovew you, Grandma B.

    ReplyDelete